Compare locum insurance quotes
We offer the most comprehensive locum insurance plans.
Our insurance policies are designed specifically for the Medical Market and are underwritten by blue-chip insurers such as ACE, AVIVA, AXA, Ageas (formally Fortis) and The Royal Sun Alliance.
93% of doctors, when surveyed, were offered a better locum insurance deal and saved money on their locum insurance renewal.
Locum insurance quotes are prepared and emailed back to you the same day.
Get a locum insurance quote today and see the difference we make.
Click to compare
Locum Insurance Key Facts
Locum Insurance provides cover for GP Partners, Managing Partners, Salaried GP’s, Practice Managers and other members of staff in the event of an accident, illness or absence.
As specialist medical financial advisers we are able to compare and contrast all locum plans on the market without any fear on our clients part of ‘bias’. We do not sell our own products. The key features and benefits of our locum insurance plans are explained below.
Choose our locum insurance
Request a quote online in seconds
We compare leading locum insurance plans
Save up to 60% with absence based cover
No medical underwriting – All existing conditions covered
We offer the widest range of benefits
Can we help?
You can contact an adviser by calling 0800 0029650 where an expert will talk you through your options.
Read more about our locum insurance
What Is Locum Insurance?
Locum Insurance provides cover for GP Partners, Managing Partners, Salaried GP’s, Practice Managers and other members of staff in the event of an accident, illness or absence. There are various levels of benefit, deferred periods and cover you can select when deciding upon the Locum & Absence Insurance cover you need, not just as a practice but also on an individual level.
You choose what benefit you need for your Locum Insurance (you can have different benefits for different people), the deferred period (this is the period before the payment of benefit) and whether you have any special requirements.
How to find the best insurance for You
To find the right Locum Insurance for you, ensure that you shop around.
Each Life Insurance Company has different monthly premiums that vary depending on factors such as age, sex and defered period. You should always compare other insurers rather than just accept the Locum Insurance quote you receive. The easiest way to compare cheap insurance quotes is to use our online comparison system.
Can I have a quote for locum insurance?
Our quotes are available without obligation. To request a quote for Locum Insurance from us click the button above and we will prepare a quote based on your circumstances.
What typical expenses are covered?
- The costs of employing a Locum
- Salaries and wages
- Overtime / Extended Clinic hours
- Equipment rental
- Utility bills (electricity, water etc.)
- Rent / Loan payments
Following a claim the weekly benefit can be used to cover the cost of any practice overheads and the benefits can continue for up to 52 weeks. Our Practice Absence Insurance is an all-encompassing policy, which can offer protection to all participating principals and partners as well as any other member of the practice.
What is covered under the absence based locum Insurance?
When accident or sickness befalls a partner or key member of staff the effect on your practice will at the least be inconvenient, but can (in the event of suspension from duty, or long term illness, for example) be devastating. Either way, without the right type of insurance, it may prove very costly.
We believe our Locum Insurance policies are among the best because of their flexibility and range of benefits. We have led and continue to lead the market in this type of cover. Unlike other locum insurance providers we offer a panel of blue chip insurers. The decision is made by you, not the insurance broker.
Why else are we different
- Absence-based policies mean that pre-existing conditions may still be covered as long as they have not led to a continuous period of 10 days absence in the previous 12 months before the policy’s inception.
- Unlike many of our competitors, no locum receipts are necessary for the majority of claims and no deductions are made in respect of other reimbursements (e.g. PCT) or percentages of earnings etc. AND our premiums are not banded according to sex, age, smoker status or even BMI.
- We offer Group Discounts (3 or more people covered).
- Dual-deferred periods available to mirror NHS/Practice Agreement sick pay.
- First to provide cover for Jury Service, Suspension from Duty and Revalidation.
Locum Insurance Significant Features And Benefits
Specific benefits vary from insurer to insurer so you can be sure you’ve got the right policy for your circumstances.
- Eligibility – All employees of the medical practice under the age of 70
- Benefit Policy – You do not have to hire a locum/temp to claim benefit
- Claim Deferred Period – Also known as the excess period, you choose the number of continuous working weeks after the first day of absence, before any benefit is payable (Choose from 0, 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 13 or 26 weeks). The higher the excess period, the lower the premium
- Phased Return – If an insured person returns to work under a phased return, we will continue to pay benefit at a reduced rate of 50% for up to 7 working weeks
- Recurring Illness – When staff return to work, but the same illness recurs within a defined period no excess period will apply to the subsequent absence
- Stress Cover – Included as standard
- Compassionate/Bereavement Cover – no excess period applies. Up to 4 weeks benefit towards the cost of hiring a locum/temp
- Maternity/Adoption Benefit – A lump sum benefit of up to £5000 paid after return to work
- Pregnancy related Illness Cover – Included as standard
- Paternity/Adoption Benefit – No excess period applies. Up to 2 weeks benefit paid
- Jury Service – no excess period applies. Up to 52 weeks benefit paid
- Suspension Benefit – subject to a deferred period. Up to 52 weeks paid in the event of suspension from duty
- Option to Guarantee Premiums – Fix your premiums for 2, 3 or even 5 Years
- Winter sports covered as standard
- Needle-stick cover – Included as standard
- Accident or Injury – Lump sums of up to £5000 payable on some plans