Permanent Locum Plan
The Permanent Locum Plan pays the practice a regular sum of money to cover the cost of employing a locum or temporary replacement, if a doctor or key member of staff is unable to work due to ill heath or injury.
Key features of the policy include:
- A choice of cover from £500 to £3000 per week
- Claims benefits paid for up to 12 months per single claim
- Multiple claims allowed for the life of the policy subject to re-qualifying periods
- No waiting periods for linked claims
- No evidence of costs are required for first 3 months of claim – to help promote short term flexibility where practices can cover the gap themselves by working longer hours and still receive claims benefit
- Cover for insured doctors or staff up to age 60 or 65
Additional features include, cover for part-time staff working over 16hrs a week, jury service cover, compassionate leave, winter sports injuries, voluntary trips abroad, multiple member discounts.
Rob Lynch, the senior partner at MIAB commented:
“We have worked closely with Pioneer on the Permanent Locum Plan for some time and I am very pleased to say it has paid off.
This is a top quality locum cover with many carefully considered features and benefits that will help GP practices maintain their service levels for their patients. It is also a simple and transparent policy which means there should not be any nasty surprises when you come to claim.
This new policy also represents further significant progress towards MIAB’s objective to provide a comprehensive range of medical protection plans via our IFA and intermediary network.”
To find out more about the permanent locum plan which is available via Medical & Professional Money Management contact us today.