Medical & Professional Money Management (We) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy and any other documents referred to on it, set out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Medical & Professional Money Management, 23 Hinton Road, Bournemouth, Dorset BH1 2EF
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
We will periodically review your personal information to ensure that we do not keep it for any longer than is necessary. The maximum period we will retain your personal information for will be 10 years.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on www.doctorsifa.co.uk (our site) and which you may subsequently provide when visiting our site, for example, in order to obtain a quote for life insurance. The provision of our service may also require us to store the information you provide together with details of your financial information and to combine the information you provide on separate visits to our site. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your requests by our Third Party Partners being either a broker or an intermediary partner (Intermediary Partner) or directly to a provider for example a mortgage company or insurance company (Product Partner).
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, and other communication data and the resources that you access.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration, to report aggregate information to our advertisers and to enable us to analyse trends of behaviour. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
If you make an enquiry, we will subsequently only contact you by electronic means (email or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous enquiry made by you. We will only permit selected third parties to use your data and contact you by electronic means (email or SMS) where you have consented to this.
If you make an enquiry, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will only contact you by electronic means (email or SMS) in relation to goods or services which are not similar to those which were the subject of a previous enquiry made by you only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please untick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form).
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our third party advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with third party advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and Third Party Partners via our site.
- To allow you to access and use our services and to participate in interactive features of our service (if any), when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To personalise aspects of our overall service to you.
- To communicate with you.
- To analyse trends in your behaviour while on our site.
- For remarketing of products and services to you (whether directly or through nominated third parties), where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To action your enquiry we will pass your data to one or more of our Third Party Partners to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you directly about these by email, post and/or telephone.
Disclosure of your information
By submitting information into our site, you are consenting for your data to be used by us and our Third Party Partners. This consent applies to both ordinary personal data and to sensitive personal data such as health information, debt information and criminal proceedings or convictions.
Please be aware that once you use our site or our services, you will be regarded as having given your consent to us disclosing your personal information to the following parties:
We may also disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- Third Party Partners and such other third parties whose products or services are listed on the results pages of the channels on our site, for the purposes of obtaining an online quotation for you or comparing different products and services as requested by you;
- Other third parties that might be able to offer, either an alternative product in the event that your preferred choice of third party provider does not approve your application or offers a less attractive product or service than you had originally applied for, or simply a product that meets the basic criteria of the type of product for which you have searched on our site.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- In the event we sell our customer database or any part of such customer database in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer.
- If Medical & Professional Money Management Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Third Party Partners and data privacy
Your right to Opt Out
You have the right to opt out of any processing of your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes.
You can opt-out of receiving Medical & Professional Money Management marketing messages at any time by:
- Ticking or unticking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data
- By clicking on the “unsubscribe” link on any marketing email sent to you; or
- By emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and writing "Unsubscribe" in the subject line