Weekly NHS news digest April 13, 2012
Our weekly round up of stories affecting the NHS
- Investigation into overnight discharges from NHS hospitals
Figures suggest hospital patients in England are being discharged overnight to free up beds.
- Record for young boy with artificial heart
Doctors say 251 days is a record for keeping child alive.
- Okay given for CPR heart advert
Complaints over Vinnie Jones advert overruled by watchdog.
- Pilot scheme to test babies for more inherited diseases
From July, NHS to screen half of UK-born babies for five more rare disorders.
- Asthma sufferers putting lives at risk
Charity estimates that 90% of asthma deaths could be preventable.
Tags: NHS news digest