Weekly NHS news digest April 13, 2012
Our weekly round up of stories affecting the NHS
- Investigation into overnight discharges from NHS hospitals
Figures suggest hospital patients in England are being discharged overnight to free up beds.
- Record for young boy with artificial heart
Doctors say 251 days is a record for keeping child alive.
- Okay given for CPR heart advert
Complaints over Vinnie Jones advert overruled by watchdog.
- Pilot scheme to test babies for more inherited diseases
From July, NHS to screen half of UK-born babies for five more rare disorders.
- Asthma sufferers putting lives at risk
Charity estimates that 90% of asthma deaths could be preventable.
Discounted Insurance For Medics
Our insurance comparison service can save you time and money. Start comparing quotes now and see how much you can save.Compare Cheap Insurance Quotes