Weekly NHS news digest April 20, 2012
Our weekly round up of stories affecting the NHS
- Private out-of-hours firms rated worse by patients than GP or NHS providers
- NHS charges and data skewed by definitions of short-stay patients
- C diff closes cancer ward
Cancer ward at Raigmore Hospital has been closed following C diff cases.
- NHS waiting times rise 6%
Patients waiting for routine operations are facing increasingly long delays.
- NHS shared services taken over by Serco
Serco has taken over the contract of one of the largest NHS services in the country.
- GOS concerns
Great Ormond Street accused of ‘victimising’ staff.
- NICE reject Avastin for advanced breast cancer
NICE have issued draft guidance saying Avastin should not be used for advanced breast cancer that has spread.
- Taunton has implemented SSentif system
Taunton and Somerset NHS Foundation Trust has implemented a business intelligence system from SSentif.
- App explosion predicted in primary care
An ‘explosion’ of cloud based and app technology is predicted over the coming years.
Discounted Insurance For Medics
Our insurance comparison service can save you time and money. Start comparing quotes now and see how much you can save.Compare Cheap Insurance Quotes