Weekly NHS news digest December 9, 2011
Our weekly round up of stories affecting the NHS
- £2bn extension for NHS IT
Claims that a US company contracted to provide NHS IT has been given a £2bn extension.
- SCR viewer switched on at TPP
SCR viewer allows SystmOne users to view summary care record of any patient who has summary record on the NHS Spine.
- iSoft ePMA at Leicester
University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust has become the second in the UK to go live with iSoft’s electronic prescribing system.
- Publication of GP practice data
GP practice data available to enable individuals to make informed choices and decisions.
- New NHS pensions offer expected
The government is expected to announce a new NHS pensions offer.
- Call for limit on Viagra
NHS managers say Viagra should be limited to two a month.
- NHS Wirral first to recruit private company
NHS Wirral recruit One to One to provide their maternity care.
- Surgery at Alder Hey no longer ‘world class’
A report says surgery at Alder Hey Children’s hospital is no longer ‘world class’.
- British food should be sourced for patients
Findings show most trusts didn’t know where their produce for patients came from.