Weekly NHS news digest June 1, 2012
Our weekly round up of stories affecting the NHS
- Changes to regional offices plan for NHS
Plans for 50 local offices to replace PCTs and SHAs cut by almost 50%.
- South west NHS staff could have pay cut
A leaked document reveals introduction of regional pay could see staff in the south west working longer for less.
- Andrew Lansley and key health figures meet at NHS Whistleblowing Summit
- 18 expressions of interest in London
NHS London receives 18 expressions of interest in tender for patient administration system and electronic patient records.
- Waits for A&E are rising
Analysis suggests that a proportion of patients are facing long waits in A&E units in England.
- Doctors defend strike action
Doctors defend the decision for a 24-hour day of action which will take place on 21 June.
- Clinical Solutions acquired by Capita
Capita has announced acquistion of Clinical Solutions for £20m.
- Doctors vote on industrial action
Results of ballot on industrial action expected to be announced soon.
- Brighton deploys cloud with Microsoft
Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust is to deploy Microsoft’s Hyper-V private cloud platform.
Discounted Insurance For Medics
Our insurance comparison service can save you time and money. Start comparing quotes now and see how much you can save.Compare Cheap Insurance Quotes