Weekly NHS news digest June 8, 2012
Our weekly round up of stories affecting the NHS
- Informatics Merseyside hopes to save 15% on IT
Informatics Merseyside has signed a framework agreement with cloud computing provider SCC.
- Joint venture to reduce PFI costs
UCLH is spearheading a joint venture to drive down PFI costs.
- GP surgeries scored out of 10
More than 8,000 practices in England have been scored out of 10 and figures will be published on NHS Choices.
- Cancer shake-up begins
Cancer services in north and east of London have combined to be called London Cancer in ‘ground-breaking’ changes for cancer patients.
- Hospital fined after data theft
Brighton hospital fined £325,000 after computer hard drives were stolen.
- Do not resuscitate requests ‘ignored’
A report has found doctors are ignoring do no resuscitate orders.
- Diabetes drug may increase bladder cancer risk
A study suggests a commonly used diabetes drug could double risk of bladder cancer.
Discounted Insurance For Medics
Our insurance comparison service can save you time and money. Start comparing quotes now and see how much you can save.Compare Cheap Insurance Quotes